(Prefer reading to listening? Download the Episode #54 transcript right here!)
Motherhood is truly a tangle of emotions, motives, and outcomes. How do we live above the muddle and clear the obstacles of pride, protection, and judgment?
Cheri & Amy vulnerably share some of their mothering failures and the ways they’re learning to become free to give grace to themselves and other moms.
- Lynn Cowell’s book Magnetic: Becoming the Girl He Wants
- Parent Power by John Rosemond
- Teen-Proofing: Fostering Responsible Decision Making in Your Teen by John Rosemond
- Positive Discipline: The Classic Guide to Helping Children Develop Self-Discipline, Responsibility, Cooperation, and Problem-Solving Skills by Jane Nelsen
- Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live, Too by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- And Then I Had Kids: Encouragement for Mothers of Young Children by Susan Alexander Yates
- Episode #54 Digging Deeper (coming soon!)
- Have you ever tried to use perfectionism and judgment to protect your loved ones?
- How do you actively acknowledge that your kids (and other loved ones) are their own people and not simply an extension of you?
- How have you exhibited Grit ‘n’ Grace this past week?
Join us on the Grit ‘n’ Grace Facebook Page to share your thoughts and hear what others Grit ‘n’ Grace Girls have to say!
Subscribe to Grit ‘n’ Grace